Thursday 24 September 2015

Optimist Yachting Quick Write


Optimist Yachting Quick Write

The waves crashed against the rocks and the wind howled in our ears as we struggled to turn our boats away from the rocks which towered before us. My friend Jemma and I were drifting closer to the rock now and some people in the boat next to us were shouting to us, but we couldn't hear them over the sound of the waves. The water smashed against our boat making it shake back and forth as the boom swung over our heads continually. I didn’t know what to do. In the corner of my eye I saw big dark clouds cowering above us. I grabbed the rudder and pushed as hard as I could, as Jemma pulled on the ropes. Eventually we turned, but we were now drifting BACKWARDS towards the rocks. The wind just caught the sail and ………...

No comments:

Post a Comment